If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Workshop Electrician Jobs Emerald
Immediate Start – Ongoing Position, Rostered Shifts – $70/hr
One Key Resources are searching for experienced Workshop Electricians for an Underground Coal Mine site in the Bowen Basin near Emerald.
These roles are Residential and NO Camp is provided. An Accommodation Allowance of $3.93/hr is available and there is a bus service from Emerald to Site.
The Successful candidate will have:
- Electrical Licence
- Current HV switching
- Diesel Gas Monitoring
- Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current LVR-CPR Certificate
- Confined Spaces
- Working at Heights
- EPV ticket
- Underground Machinery tickets
In return, this position offers:
- Immediate Start – ongoing position
- Fixed Term Contracts
- $3.93 Per Hour Accommodation Allowance
- 7on/7off Roster – Alternating day & night shifts
- 12hrs shifts
Fixed Term Contract Details:
- 12 month contract initially – can extend there after
- Rostered Shifts – $70/hr
- Overtime / Un-rostered shifts – $79.66/hr
- Personal Leave upfront – 105hrs
- Annual Leave accruals – 252/annually
- Salary Sacrifice available
About the Company:
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list