If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Work Management Specialist | IO Asset | Mining Roster
Work Management Specialist Mining Roster WA
BHP Billiton Iron Ore is one of the world’s leading suppliers of iron ore. The Company’s operations comprise of an integrated system of seven inland mines, over 1,000 kilometres of rail and two separate port facilities; Nelson Point and Finucane Island at Port Hedland.
Reporting to the Mining Area C Superintendent Fixed Plant Analysis and Improvement you will be responsible for enabling the Fixed Plant Maintenance team to continue the improvement journey in the execution of Work Management
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Provide additional 1SAP support to A&I team members, assisting to up-skill team members in 1SAP usage and the Master Data Change Process.
- Remain conversant with the latest 1SAP Master Data Design Standards and 1SAP processes.
- Promote sustainability of Work Management while identifying improvement opportunities that increase the reliability of plant and equipment.
- Coach personnel in the disciplined use of performance measures, organization design, standards, processes, local operating procedures, systems and data.
- Liaise with Fixed Plant Maintenance Planning, A&I and Execution teams to ensure full compliance to the work management requirements.
- Review OEM data for applicable A&I maintenance strategies. Provide analysis and recommendations where required to help improve equipment reliability/availability and reduce business costs.
- Review new maintenance strategies and documentation prior to approval.
- Effective management of safety incidents by ensuring that incidents and hazards are identified, reported, investigated and managed.
- Lead, coach and mentor team members and other employees to deliver on plan and build a high performing team.
- Support best practice through developing and embedding of functional systems, monitoring key performance measures and sustaining continuous improvement processes.
Skills and Experience
- Mechanical or electrical tertiary/trade qualification desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of BHP Billiton 1SAP Master Data Standards.
- Knowledge of Australian Mining Industry legislation and Australian Standards pertaining to the mining industry.
- Strong computer skills using 1SAP Plant Maintenance and Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills with a proactive approach to meeting targets and deadlines.
- Proficient in analyzing processes & metrics to identify improvement opportunities
- Experience in a relevant or equivalent role, with experience in maintenance preferential.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing maintenance strategies.
- Minimum of C class manual drivers license
You will be based at our ‘Mining Area C’ mine site on a fly-in fly-out on a 5/2-4/3 roster. Mining Area C is located approximately 100kms North West of Newman, West Australia. The outstanding facilities at the FIFO village include; a fully equipped gym, swimming pool, netted cricket pitch, tennis and basketball court, beach volleyball court and recreation room including a pool table, darts, table tennis and TV. All rooms at the village have their own ensuite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
Remuneration and Benefits
At BHP they recognize that they are strengthened by diversity. They are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. They are an Equal Opportunity employer and encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
They know there are many aspects of employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so they are offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. As part of there commitment to inclusion and diversity, they offer a range of family friendly work practices, including flexible work arrangements, and a substantial parental leave policy, which now includes retirement savings / superannuation contributions during parental leave. Find out more about their benefits in each location on the People & Careers Page at their website
Reference Number – 40374460
- Reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.
- This opportunity is currently only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
- BHP Billiton Iron Ore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages indigenous Australian and female candidates to apply.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply?
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team please Apply online now with an up to date CV.
Click Apply for Work Management Specialist Mining Roster WA