If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Senior Mining Consultant – Perth
At Deswik they are world leaders in a competitive market for technical mining applications – their software is used all day, every day, by 9 of the world’s top 10 mining companies.
They solve complex technical problems in ways that deliver huge value to there customers. Their solutions are much more interesting that your average business system – they incorporate sophisticated scheduling, optimization, and graphics technologies and are algorithmically intensive in many other ways.
They have the ambition to be the best at what they do; and they know that to do this must try new things and continuously improve the way they can work.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a senior mining engineer with at least 10 years’ experience in open pit and underground. They would like both, however will consider an exceptional engineer with only underground.
Key to success in this role is a variety of mining engineering site based roles, along with strong mine planning software skills, preferably including Deswik software. They are searching for a senior mining engineer with the aptitude and desire to use mine planning tools to solve real mining issues.
As a Senior Mining Consultant with Deswik, you will provide extensive consulting services including mine design, production planning and scheduling, cost modelling for a range of feasibility studies, operational optimization projects, mine closure planning and mine planning system implementations.
Given Deswik’s global reach, the successful candidate will be required to travel.
What’s in it for you?
- A fantastic, relaxed social environment
- Awesome, supportive culture – work will be fun, challenging and rewarding
- Work with like-minded professionals and join a team of engineers from varying disciplines in their global team
- Deliver engineering efficiency to the mining industry through customized software, consulting and training solutions
- Great West Perth location
- Access to the latest technologies
- Competitive remuneration package and attractive bonus scheme
What do you need to succeed?
- At least 10 years’ experience as a mining consultant in open pit and underground
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, majoring in Mining
- Operational experience in mining engineering site based roles
- Excellent mine planning software skills
- A flair for consulting and managing customer relationships
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- A passion for innovation and a desire to grow and learn
- AusIMM CP and/or RPEQ will be an advantage
Please note that you must be a permanent resident or have the right to work in Australia.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Underground Senior Mining Consultant Brisbane QLD