If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Supervisor Mine Jobs Perth
S123 Supervisor Mining Positions Western Australia
If you’re currently working in the mining industry and searching for step up into high paying supervisor role, the S123 qualifications & G2 qualifications can help you do just that. Once armed with the Supervisor qualification, you’ll be seen as a trusted manager or team leader, someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job.
About Supervisor Mine Jobs Perth:
Their Production Department at Lake Vermont is currently searching for a Mine Services Superintendent. As their Mine Services Superintendent reporting to the Mining Manager you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. The Mine Services Superintendent must ensure:
- Compliance to the Thiess Safety Essentials
- Compliance to site Health, Safety and Environmental policy
- Quality of Rehabilitation and Top Spoil removal
- Autonomous Dozer and Push Drill Autonomous operations
- Provide support to Drill and Blast, operations
- Ensure effective communication between Drill and Blast, Production and Technical Services departments
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to Supervisor, Coordinators and Operators
- Complete incident investigations as required
- Adequate resources are in place to execute work
- Drive a collaborative and continuous improvement culture
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients. You will demonstrate the ability to deliver on production and maintenance targets in a challenging, fast paced and professional environment.
Roster and location:
- 5/2 Roster – Monday to Friday with monthly RDO
- The Lake Vermont Project is situated outside of Dysart, in Central Queensland. This project is one of Thiess’ largest and longest running projects.
Requirements for Supervisor Mine Jobs Perth:
The role requirements for the Mine Services Superintendent at Lake Vermont are below:
- Experience in a similar superintendent role
- Experience in leading a high-performing team
- Commitment to Workplace Health and Safety
- Strong communication skills
- Hold a current Standard 11 Induction Training, S123 qualifications & G2 qualifications
- Sound Technical background in Drill, Blast and Bulk Dozer push
- Experience supervising large multifunctional site-based operations or maintenance teams
- Knowledge of job specific computer programs essential, Microsoft office, etc
About the company:
They partner with their clients to deliver excellence in open cut and underground mining in Australia, Asia, Africa and the Americas. For more than 80 years, they’ve operated in diverse commodities, geologies, environments and cultures. Their team uses that insight to optimise solutions for each project and create lasting value for their clients and the communities their live and work in.
They recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through their vision of everyone matters always. They’re focused on creating an inclusive environment to allow their people to bring their best self to work because they feel safe, included and empowered.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.