If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Superintendent -Mining Engineering & Projects Operation QLD
- Coastal lifestyle in Weipa – Monday to Friday role
- Build your credibility and experience in delivering key capital projects
- Long term career with a global mining business
There long history is filled with firsts. They have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and there people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminum and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: their materials make up the world around. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for there differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
They are searching for a Superintendent – Major Projects and Engineering to execute and deliver all major capital projects for the mining operation in Weipa.
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years. Over the years, it has developed into a vibrant and diverse cultural hub of the Western Cape. Weipa offers a coastal community rich in geographical beauty and cultural heritage that provides families with opportunities to participate in leisure activities, sports and community events. With a strong sense of community, the region has plenty of natural beauty to offer including the opportunities for boating, fishing, camping and exploring.
Construction of the Amrun project, located 40 kilometers south west of Weipa, is currently underway to expand bauxite operations and continue production from one of the world’s premier bauxite deposits. This expansion will strengthen the economy and provide exciting opportunities for the people of Cape York and Queensland for future generations.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an energetic project professional to further develop their skills and experience and work towards progressing within Rio Tinto globally. Reporting to the Manager Mine Services, you will:
- Lead the safe delivery of projects through effective risk management
- Develop, track, monitor project KPI’s for both owner managed and contract lead projects
- Supervision and mentoring a team of Engineers and Support staff
- Ensures appropriate project governance is maintained across the portfolio of site projects
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to drive a culture of collaboration, participation and improvement
What you will need for this role To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in managing and executing projects in mining or construction
- A high level of communication and willingness to engage with stakeholders and end users
- An understanding and focus on safety values and processes
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Bachelor of Engineering or similar
- A recognize qualification in project management methodologies.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Superintendent Mining Engineering Projects Mine operation Weipa QLD