If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Site Boilermaker Independent Mining Services
IMS currently have new and exciting job opportunities for Boilermakers. What’s good about this job is you’ll enjoy a lifestyle roster of Monday-Friday
You’ll need Extensive Electric Shovel , Drag-line ,Excavator and Rear dump truck experience to work this mine site in the Mackay and Coalfields region of the Bowen Basin area.
Good rates of pay are on offer the right candidates.
Successful applicants with the below current tickets or the ability to obtain these will be considered:
You’ll definitely need the right inductions to get a foot in the door.
- Trade qualifications – essential
- Experience working on Heavy Equipment on mine sites – essential
- Drivers License – essential
- Coal Board Medical – essential
- Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment – essential
- Glencore Induction – preferred
- BMA Induction – essential
- Peabody Induction – preferred
- Working at Heights – essential
- Confined Space – optional but preferred
- Forklift/EWP Black Coals or High Risk Licenses – optional but preferred
- Lifting Operations or Doggers Qualifications – optional but preferred
- Boom/Scissor Lift – optional but preferred
In return IMS offer:
- Meals and Accommodation Provided
- Competitive hourly rate
- Weekly pay
- Dedicated Management Team
- Work Uniforms
- Overtime Shifts
MONDAY – FRIDAY & LIFESTYLE ROSTER OFFERED TO BOILERMAKERS FOR ONGOING MAINTENANCE WORK
Note: Please be sure to add all your qualifications, tickets, licenses and Inductions into your CoverCard.
If you’re interested in this role and you believe your skills,experience and competencies match the above criteria, please click “Apply button“
Apply for Site Boilermaker Independent Mining Services Job
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list