If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Senior Mining Engineer Underground Mine job in Queensland
The Mine Planning and Technical team has a need for an underground Mining Engineer with the core function of designing, planning and coordinating work in both the medium range (including support to the site execution team), and in the long range to support the future HNL1 cave start-up and operations planning.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer – Detailed Design, key responsibilities include:
- Managing all underground mine designs (i.e. lateral, vertical and some mass excavation),
- Compiling, documenting and embedding industry leading mine design processes
- Establishing, analyzing and communicating mine design key performance indicators (KPI’s) to improve team output
- Assisting with the maintenance of medium-term (i.e. >3 months to 12 month) mine schedules
- Transmitting all approved underground mining designs for timely site execution
- Documenting mine design and drafting standards
Continuous improvement of mine design processes to:
- Developing and implementing design KPI’s
- Contributing to Safety in Design initiatives
- What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- A Mining undergraduate degree
- Practical underground mining experience
- Extensive mine design software use (i.e. proficiency with the Deswik mining suite is preferred)
- Exposure to large underground mining operations
- Mine planning and scheduling experience
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- The successful candidate will need to gain knowledge of the current and future operational philosophy of Oyu Tolgoi.
Internal applicants currently working on this project in Mongolia are encouraged to apply and may be hired on secondment to this role for up to 2 years if successful.
If this this sounds like you and the opportunity you are searching for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Senior Mining Engineer Underground Mine Brisbane QLD