If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Waste and Recycling Coordinator Senior Coordinator Advisor Coal Mining
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company. The company serves metallurgical and thermal coal customers in 25 countries on five continents. They have 23 operations in the United States and Australia, and have 6,700 employees globally, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries on five continents.
Peabody is a globally-diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognize and develop employees. They are committed to increasing the number diverse employees throughout operations because they value the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage.
North Goonyella Coal Mine is an underground longwall mine located 160 kilometers west of Mackay producing a premium quality, high strength coking coal for export markets. They are seeking an outstanding individual with the relevant experience and leadership capability to join the Peabody team.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor, your responsibilities will include management and maintenance of the site waste dump area, including recycling and refurbishing material to the required quality, environmental and safety standards.
This position is offered on a Monday – Friday roster, camp accommodation or accommodation assistance will be provided to candidates who wish to reside locally.
Responsibilities in this position include:
- Maintaining a systematic layout of the waste dump
- Manually sorting various materials received at the dump
- Recycling and refurbishing equipment
- Operating heavy equipment
- Providing leadership and advice across the site on waste and recycling matters
- Operating in a safe manner at all times by maintaining a safe work area and ensuring all safety issues are identified and reported
- Assisting other departments across the mine as required
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and abilities:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Knowledge of safety and environmental standards and statutory requirements
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role or a role requiring a similar skill set
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Current forklift license and front end loader ticket
- Strong organization and planning skills and ability to deliver outcomes
- A Can-Do Positive Attitude
What they offer:
- We commit to safety and health as a way of life
- A culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- A reward and recognition program
- Professional and technical development opportunities
- Support in achieving professional accreditation (site based personnel only)
- We take responsibility for the environment, work to benefit our communities and restore the land for generations that follow
Their mission is to provide there employees with an empowered, collaborative, friendly and safe work environment based on mutual trust and respect. Peabody is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or click apply now.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Senior Coordinator Advisor Coal Mining longwall Mine North Goonyella