If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mobile Plant Excavator Operator Coal Mining QLD
The client, Thiess at Peak Downs Mine are currently seeking experienced excavator operators, consisting of Liebherr 9800, 996, 9400.
As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing the client’s production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate mobile plant equipment, consisting of Liebherr 9800, 996, 9400
- Work rotating 7/7 rosters at Peak Downs Mine near Dysart
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate equipment safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- 2 years’ experience operating Excavators: Liebherr 9800, 996, 9400
- Current Drivers License
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Production oriented with a focus on achieving results for both yourself and for the company
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures.
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process
- Camp and meals provided
- 7/7 Roster, 12.5 hour rotating days and nights
- Ongoing roles
- Camp at Dysart Civeo
- BIBO from Mackay or Townsville and DIDO commute options available
- $55 an hour flat pay rate
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Melissa Fisher – Recruitment Coordinator
- 3621 2918
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mobile Plant Excavator Operator Peak Downs Mine QLD