If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance Supervisor
About the role
Reporting to the Superintendent Maintenance, within the Yandi Fixed Plant Maintenance team you will be responsible for ensuring the safe execution of maintenance activities within the OHP, Train Loadout and other associated Fixed Plant equipment. Driving a culture change in Standardized work will be a key element of this role to support the overall business plan.
Additional duties include:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Billiton Charter, the BHP Billiton Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
- Carry out responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner ensuring compliance with the BHPBIO Safety System.
- Oversee, direct and coordinate allocated personnel, including apprentices, OEMs and all other contractors, to ensure all tasks are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participate in Safety System requirements such as auditing, inspections and CRM activities, Planned task observations, Critical Control Observations
- Manage all breakdowns across our fixed plant assets and respond according to priority.
- Maintain a knowledge and understanding of the costs of maintenance. Assist the Superintendent with budget and cost control processes by managing the day-to-day costs within agreed levels and reporting on overruns and underruns.
- In collaboration with Maintenance Superintendent, actively review the plans generated to ensure plans are logical and realistic. Plan and execute unscheduled work resulting from breakdown or backlog.
- Ensure all work is completed as scheduled to quality and safety standards and customer requirements. In collaboration with Maintenance Superintendent,
- Ensure data integrity by using the 1 SAP systems as the primary source of maintenance information.
- Ensure improvements to the quality of maintenance information by reporting inaccurate data and following through to ensure correction occurs and master data is updated.
- Ensure that monitoring tools such as KPIs and other standard measures are utilized to improve maintenance processes. Participate in equipment performance reviews and develop action plans to achieve improvements.
Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance Supervisor Western Australia
Supporting a diverse workforce
Reference ID – 63994They reserve the right to commence recruitment proceedings immediately.This opportunity is currently only open to employees working within Australia.Apply for Mining Fixed Plant Maintenance Supervisor Western Australia