If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
FIFO Opportunities Mining Construction site in QLD
Morris (Division of Sodexo) has 50 years’ experience providing quality remote village and asset management services to the mining and construction sectors. Morris is an established service provider of accommodation management, catering services, cleaning services and facilities management that is trusted to maintain the highest standards no matter what the conditions.
At Morris, they know it is there people that make successful and strive to provide a supportive and enriching environment where the employees can succeed and feel genuinely valued.
As a result of continued growth in the Bowen Basin, they are searching for diversely talented and enthusiastic people to contribute to continuing success.
They currently have several exciting opportunities for Qualified Chefs to join the team at new site in Bowen, Qld. All roles will be fixed term for 6 months
The position of Qualified Chef will see you responsible for the following:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting meals, including crib meals, breads and pastries.
- Ensure that food safety standards are met at all times and that there is a strong focus on maintaining a high quality of catering service to meet both Morris and client requirements.
- Support the Head Chef and Site Management team with budgets, stock management and ordering of supplies.
- Ensure the kitchen is HSE compliant by leading a strong culture of safety in line with Morris Corporation’s values.
Are you the right person for this position?
- Trade Specific Qualifications in cookery
- Strong previous experience in a volume catering/cooking role, preferably in a remote or site based environment (approx. 3 years)
- A strong commitment to high standards of customer service, integrity and safety at all times
- Solid communication and relationship building skills that enable you to lead influence and motivate other team members effectively.
- HACCP knowledge and certification would be advantageous as would experience in function catering.
What’s on offer?
- FIFO ex Brisbane on a roster cycle of 14 days on, 7 days off
- Full time/Fixed term role for 6 months
- Fantastic lifestyle onsite with accommodation and meals provided whilst on swing.
- Excellent remuneration and benefits
- Ongoing career development
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency and will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment including drug and alcohol test. A national police clearance with a validity of 3 months may be required.
Morris is an equal opportunity employer. Morris aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous Australians and they encourage Indigenous people to apply for this and other positions.
For more information about their company visit www.morriscorp.com.au.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Apply for Mining Experienced FIFO Opportunities construction mine QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list