If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical Reliability Engineer-Mobile Equipment
Alchemy Recruitment Consulting is currently seeking applications from experienced Reliability Engineers for an ongoing contract position in the Queensland coal mining sector.
In this position you will be working at a world class open cut coal mining operation in Central Queensland with a blue chip company. You will be tasked with analyzing data, developing improvement initiatives and implementing improvement projects to maximize plant availability and performance. This position is predominately focused on loaders, dozers and ancillary equipment.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- A strong track record of implementing maintenance improvement projects for mobile equipment such as loaders, dozers and ancillary equipment. (Essential)
- 4-5 years previous experience in working in open cut coal operations as reliability engineer for mobile equipment. (Essential)
- 1SAP experience. (Essential)
- A solid background in reliability
- Degree in mechanical engineering (preferable) or mechanical trade qualifications with proven reliability experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Practical problem solving skills
- Ability to scrutinize data Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with key stake holders
In return you can expect:
This is an ongoing long-term contract position based in the Bowen Basin working on a 4 on 4 off, 4 on 2 off roster FIFO of Brisbane or DIDO. A generous day rate is on offer along with flights and accommodation paid for by the client along with the potential for the contract to be extended.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Mechanical Reliability Engineer Mobile Equipment Queensland
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list