If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Supervisor Jobs Mackay
7/7 Rosters, On-Going Roles, Mackay & Coalfields
Autonomy & Asset Management Group are searching for Maintenance Supervisors to join the team at their clients Queensland mining operation on a 7/7 roster in the Bowen Basin. If you possess your S123 & G2 Qualifications and other listed requirements, be sure to send them over a resume!
About the Role:
- Coordinate the safe maintenance of mobile equipment, meeting, legislative and OEM standards and guidelines
- Identify and promote safe work practice, ensuring appropriate precautions are taken to reduce risk to both people, equipment and the environment
- Ensure compliance to site Safety Health and Management policies
- Provide positive leadership to the crew, mentor and develop the team
- Promote and Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain absolute commitment to our values acting with integrity at all times
To be considered for this position, it’s essential that you bring:
- Heavy duty diesel fitting background and relevant trade qualifications
- S123 & G2 Qualifications
- Exposure to large scale mining equipment such as excavators, graders, dozers and dump trucks
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, exceptional troubleshooting skills and demonstrated ability to generate alternative solutions
- Demonstrated experience in supervising crews of trades personnel
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
- Intermediate skills in the MS office packages
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate at all levels within an organisation in a professional manner
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
Benefits for *Maintenance Supervisor Jobs Mackay:
- Opportunity to join a specialised team that is on the forefront of Mining Technology
- Competitive hourly rate with retention bonus
- Super & LSL Paid on all hours worked
- Salary Packaging Options
- Roster Allowance
- AAMG Refer a Friend scheme
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career with an exciting company that does things differently
About the Company:
Autonomy & Asset Management Group is a Queensland based business supporting the mining/resources industry in autonomy and asset management. We’re building an exceptional team from the ground up, and we’re here to leave a mark.
We provide a range of services that include Automation and Technology, Asset Management and Skilled Trades to support large-scale projects working on a range of the latest OEM equipment.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list