If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Maintenance Superintendents – Mobile Equipment
As an ASX 200 and perennial high performing company, Mineral Resources Limited (MRL) is an innovative and leading Australian mining services company, with a growing world-class portfolio of mining operations including Wodgina Lithium mine.
With a projected 43 years life of mine and resources totaling over 200 million tonnes, they are embarking on a major expansion of Pilbara-based Wodgina Lithium site which will see a significant mine expansion, construction of a new processing plant, the arrival of major mobile fleet including new PC7000 and EX3600 excavators and the development of significant new non-process infrastructure, operational by mid-2018.
Backed by an experienced leadership team, supportive senior management and a strong safety record, they continue to provide a workplace that is both stimulating and rewarding that allows individuals to learn and grow within an environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship. As leaders in their field, they recognize the significant contributions there people make and the ideas they bring.
As a result of this continued expansion they require experienced Maintenance Superintendents – Mobile Equipment to work in partnership with existing team to deliver on Wodgina lithium mining schedule. This permanent position is offered on a 9/5 roster FIFO from Perth.
- MEM Superintendents – Workshop
- MEM Superintendents – Excavators
- MEM Superintendents – Ancillary
Equipment on Site:
- Dump Trucks – 40 x 789 and 797
- Dozer – D10
- Excavators – 2 x PC7000, 2 x HIT2600, 2x HIT3600, 1 x HIT1900
The Purpose of the Role
A new, site based role you will be responsible for providing MEM Services and leadership, to the mine operations. You will also drive continuous improvements working in a fast paced operations environment and the ability to adapt quickly to change.
You will be directly responsible for coordinating personnel, equipment and resources to ensure site activities are undertaken in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner in line with agreed operational standards and targets. You will need to focus on maintenance processes to ensure KPIs are met by closely managing your team to deliver planned targets in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with statutory legislative and company requirements.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in large scale, hard rock open pit mining operations working as a mobile plant superintendent
- An excellent grasp of the theory and practice of Maintenance strategies
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- An understanding of the Mines safety & inspection Act and Regulations.
As a proactive and engaged leader, you will display high levels of commitment and a belief in company values. You will have the ability to engage with people at all levels of the business and demonstrate strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence.
What can they offer YOU:
- Expanding portfolio of diverse work across a truly innovative organization
- Access to an experienced and supportive Senior Business Management team with minimal red tape that allows you to drive and achieve outcomes
- A workplace that lives and breathes a strong safety culture backed by clear values
- Opportunity to truly define and own a unique role that you can call your own
- Be a part of the world’s largest Lithium mine
Would you like to Apply?
Sound like something of interest? Click the ‘APPLY’ button now to make your application.
Click Apply for Maintenance Superintendents – Mobile Equipment
MRL is an equal opportunity employer and encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, to apply for this position.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.