If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Latest Mining Jobs in Australia category.
Where to start searching for LNG jobs Australia.
The boom in demand for Australian natural gas from Asia, and the development of new sources such as coal seam gas from Queensland`s Bowen and Surat Basins, has sent export expectations soaring. Australian Pacific LNG has plans to drill 10,000 gas wells in the Bowen Basin and Surat Basin in the next 30 years.
Add to that the new technologies such as Floating LNG which will increase production and lower infrastructure costs, the future of LNG in Australia looks very promising.
If you’re not sure what types of LNG jobs in Australia are in demand, here’s a sample list below
Jobs you can do on an LNG project
- Pipeline Technician
- DNT Technician
- Rig Operators
- Special Class Welder
- Site Managers
- Project Managers
- Tank Workers
- Environmental Scientists
- Security Personnel
- Painters and Protective Coating Specialists
- Safety and Risk Advisors
- Pipe fitters
- Truck Drivers
- Bus Driver
- Traffic Controller
- Backhoe Operator
- Skid Steer Loader Operator
- Roller Operator
- Water Cart/Truck Operator
- Scraper Operator
- Grader Operator
- Excavator/Digger Operator
- Plumber/Gas Fitter
- Building Trades
- Catering Staff
- Marine Crew
- Jerry Contractors
- Specialist Diver/Underwater Welder
Types of Qualifications you may need to get a job in LNG
- Relevant Trade Qualifications and/or WA Licences
- Workplace Health and Safety ““ Construction Induction (White Card)
- Australian Drivers Licence
- HR Drivers Licence
- High Risk Work Licence for any required plant, eg. EWP`s, Forklifts, Loaders, HIAB Operator, Mobile Crane Operator
- Safely Working at Heights
- Confined Spaces
- Ability to pass Medical examination - including Drug and Alcohol testing
- Rigging and Dogging Tickets
- Gas Testing
- First Aid Certificate
- Four Wheel Drive/Operate Light Vehicle
View a list of training courses you can do to prepare for LNG jobs
Gas Jobs WA
- BHP-Billiton`s Macedon Project : www.bhpbilliton.com
- Browse LNG Project: Woodside jobs WA LNG
- Chevron`s Gorgon Project: Kimberly gas project
- Chevron`s Wheatstone LNG Project: Wheatstone operations
- Shell`s Floating LNG Project: Woodside jobs WA Browse Basin
Gas Jobs QLD
- Arrow Energy LNG Plant Project: Woodside jobs western australian browse basin LNG
- Australia Pacific LNG Project: What is csg | Employment Opportunities
- Curtis LNG Project: LNG jobs in Australia
- Santos` Gladstone LNG Project: LNG Gladstone
Gas Jobs NT
Inpex`s HUGE Ichthys Project: LNG jobs in Australia – 3500 jobs on offer
Tips and free resources to help you get a job in LNG
A free e-book by iMINCO on how to get into mining | Some helpful information for resource sector job hunters
How to get a resource sector job with no experience | This is mining focused, but still contains some good tips
Resume tips | If you want to have a crack at writing your own resume to get through the resume scanning software
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list