If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Leading Hand Diesel Fitter
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees they build strong relationships of trust with customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor. As part of this team you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking an experienced Leading Hand Diesel Fitter to join there Maintenance Services Contract at Poitrel in the Bowen Basin.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as well as coordinating the crew in liaison with the Supervisor, to achieve the daily schedule of works.
- Relevant diesel fitter / heavy vehicle trade qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience in a similar role
- Hold a current Mining Supervisor (S1,S2,S3) certificate
- Post-trade experience within an open cut mining operation
- Proven experience with Caterpillar 6060 / O&K 340B Excavators and Caterpillar 793 Haul Trucks
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN THEY OFFER
- Even time 7/7 Roster, supporting work/life balance
- Camp accommodation
- Bus transport provided from Mackay
- Career progression opportunities through a number of training and mentoring programs
- Numerous financial, lifestyle, health & well being benefits including salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, discounts and support programs
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading edge business
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Cassandra Mayer on 07 3026 6417. Downer Mining does not accept unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies and is not responsible for any associated fees.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply’ button.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingClick Apply for Leading Hand Diesel Fitter mining job Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.