If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experience Jumbo Operator Mount Isa, QLD
Redpath are seeking experienced Jumbo Operator for long term development project at the Cannington Mine.
- Attractive hourly rate
- FIFO from Townsville or Cairns
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilising modern technology.
About the role
Redpath are Seeking highly motivated and experienced Jumbo Operator based at the Cannington Project in North-west Queensland. The position will be FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns. working 14/7 roster.
The Jumbo Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the Jumbo, monitoring to ensure the safety of the workers in the face area ensuring that the face remains on design path and report all issues requiring attention or rectification as soon as possible.
Key of Duties
- Bolt and bore excavation pattern
- Identify and remedy misfires
- Read and follow plans and instructions
- Interpret ground conditions and install additional support as required
- Assist and providing instruction to other crew members – particularly the offsiders on carrying out the drill and blast operation.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience with operating Jumbo and associated underground equipment (Sandvik or Tamrock)
- Current working at heights ticket
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A safety approach supporting the client’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
An attractive hourly rate is offer for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to sink your teeth into a challenging role where your get hands on experience and expertise are put to use daily.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Jumbo Operator, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 0611-2454-JUM.
Apply for Jumbo Operator Cannington Mine FIFO Townsville QLD