If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
HEQ Fitter and Maintenance Mining Site operation
- Seek new goals in 2018 and live in a fresh vibrant community whilst working at our expanding operation
- Excellent career development opportunity within a global company
- Be part of close knit team with a strong commitment to safety
- Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in an ideal residential environment – Weipa
About the role
They are searching for a HEQ Fitter to maintain the site’s mining fleet through planned maintenance, breakdown/ field repairs, replacement of engines transmissions and all major components.
- Fixing mobile ancillary equipment, workshop tooling, fluid delivery systems, and various workshop tasks;
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability;
- Working on heavy equipment and supporting maintenance of trucks, 776, 777, 785, 992G, 993K loaders and D11 T dozers;
- Fostering a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A relevant HME Diesel Fitter qualification
- A manual C class drivers license
- The ability to communicate effectively within a team environment
- A strong commitment to safety and zero harm culture
- The ability to be flexible within the role and adapt to a changing environment.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Dogger / Rigger / Forklift license & HR License
- Knowledge of SAP
- Post trade experience in a mining or heavy industrial environment preferred
Where you will be working
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
“Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove job postings prior to the stated closing date, therefore, if you are interested in applying for this vacancy please submit your application as soon as possible.”
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for HEQ Fitter Maintenance Mining Site operation Weipa QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.
Caterpillar Haul truck 785
The Caterpillar 785 Haul Truck, Dump Truck or off-road truck as they are called in the U.S. are still used across the world in open-cut mining operations. This huge truck has proven it’s worth for many years and has often been the entry-level truck for new operators.
Progressing when competent, operators move up to the larger CAT 793 and CAT 797 truck, giving them the confidence and ability to handle larger load capacities on a range of challenging mine sites.
One of the biggest advantages you can get if you are looking to learn how to drive these big machines is to get to know the finer details.