If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experience 8 x Heavy Diesel Fitters Jobs
- Full Time Position | 7/7 Roster
- Flexible Travel Arrangements
- Attractive Yearly Salary | Annual Leave
Client takes pride in being a leader in providing complex, innovative and reliable mining services and remaining one of the first choice providers within the mining sector. With a strong focus on safety and development, they are searching for staff to harness strengths and develop new skills at one of their key projects in the Bowen Basin.
About the Role:
- Maintenance, repairs and servicing to trucks, dozers, graders, loaders and excavators
- Workshop duties as required including housekeeping
- Adhere to all site safety protocols and SOP’s
- Maintain high levels of equipment availability
- Carry out duties with a positive attitude to ensure productivity
Skills & Experience:
- Trade qualified Diesel Fitter or Mechanic
- Experience working on heavy earthmoving equipment incl. CAT, Hitachi and/or Komatsu
- Strong work ethic along with communication and interpersonal skills
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 or BMA Induction
- Ability to pass any pre-employment medicals and D&A screening
- Salary sacrificed flights
- Job security with a newly extended contract
- Uniforms and $40/week tool allowance provided
- Work-life balance on a 7/7 rotating roster
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Earthmoving Diesel Fitters Maintenance Rockhampton
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list