If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Field Service Diesel Fitter – Emerald Region
Hitachi Construction Machinery Australia (www.hcma.com.au) is a global brand providing a variety of machinery for the Construction and Mining industries.
Due to continued growth within the region they currently have opportunities starting immediately for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join the Emerald Field Service Team.
Based out of Emerald Branch working predominantly an Even Time Roster you will hold the relevant qualifications of Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Mobile Plant Mechanic and will be servicing and supporting customers in the Emerald region, surrounding areas also encompassing the Western Bowen Basin.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Diagnostic, repairs and maintenance of new and used construction & mining equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team environment
- Completion and submission of all relevant paperwork and reports
- Provide timely customer service while maintaining a clean and tidy work environment in line with the Company and customer standards
To be successful in this role you must possess the following skills:
- Relevant Trade Qualification of “Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Mobile Plant Mechanic”
- Proven experience working on construction, forestry & mining equipment
- A HR license would be highly regarded”Working at heights” qualifications and an EWP License will also be highly regarded
- Ability to navigate computer programs for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- A strong safety focus with a sound understanding of Workplace Health and Safety principles
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with sound ability to meet requirements
With this in mind, HCA also offers:
- Access to ongoing OEM Training and Benefits
- An opportunity to work on a wide range of Hitachi, Deere and Bell construction & forestry equipment
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Apply for Field Service Diesel Fitter job position
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.Apply for Heavy Duty Field Service Diesel Fitter Emerald Region QLD
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list