If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
ROM Fitter – Cannington Mine Cairns QLD
- Immediate start
- Cannington mine
- Full-time role – 7/7 roster
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
About the role
FIFO ex Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns, this role will be working on a rotating roster of 7 on, 7 off searching after general mechanical work including repairs, attending breakdowns and service work in a workshop and surface environment to heavy mobile and fixed plant and equipment.
- Carry out scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs as required
- Fault finding, repairing and/ or replacing components as required
- Maintain plant and equipment, ensuring compliance with regulations and site requirements
- Accurately complete all required daily activity and safety reporting as directed.
Skills & Experience
- Heavy duty diesel fitter/mechanic trade qualifications
- Experience working with mining/heavy duty equipment
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills
- Basic Auto electronic knowledge
- Strong hydraulic experience with the ability to fault finding and diagnose
- Current First Aid & CPR qualifications
- Valid manual drivers license
- Ability to pass a police clearance and pre-employment medica
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
Excellent remuneration for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to really sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 0404-2572-FIT.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitter Cannington Mining 7/7 roster QLD