If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
See more jobs in the Dump Truck Jobs category.
Excavator Operator Jobs WA
BHP Whaleback and Eastern Ridge Mine
Workpac are searching for excavator operators for work on BHP’s whaleback and eastern ridge mine in Western Australia. If you’ve got the listed experience be sure to send over a resume ASAP!
About the mining role:
Reporting to the Production Superintendent, you will form part of the production team as a Production Excavator Operator, loading dump trucks. As a key member of a high performing team, you will play an integral role in implementing our client’s production requirements.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated competency operating Liehberr 9400 abd 996, Hitachi 1250, 2500, 3600, 5500 or Komatsu PC4000, PC5500 diggers
- 12 months + mining production experience
- Unrestricted C Class Australian issued Drivers Licence (minimum)
- Must be willing to provide a National Police Clearance no older then three months
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, light industrial and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding permanent, contract, temporary and traineeship recruitment opportunities.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
iMINCO assists jobseekers find the best mining jobs, to find similar mining jobs go to our iMINCO Job Page.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player