If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Charge Up Operator – Underground Gold Mine
Evolution Mining is a leading, growth focused Australian gold company. They own and operate a portfolio of gold mines across Australia. At Evolution there best discoveries are found every day through the innovation displayed by there people, great teams, 100% focus on getting there people home safely and commitment to building an exceptional company. And they want you to help discover more!
- FIFO; Brisbane or Sunshine Coast.
- Travel in company time
- Accommodated in a fully equipped village.
- 8:6,7:7 lifestyle roster
Reporting to the Mine Shift Supervisor the Shotfirer is responsible for the safe and efficient use of explosives to conduct firings underground.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure safe and efficient use, storage and security of explosives.
- Ensure safe and efficient preparation and set up of blast area.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of Explosive Charging Equipment.
- Complete assigned work and associated paperwork.
- Establish and maintain the highest possible standards of housekeeping and cleanliness in individual work areas and on the company’s property generally.
- Ensure compliance with environmental procedures and standards.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by constantly searching for opportunities to improve work safety, practices and procedures.
- Ensure good clear communication lines within team and with other sections/departments.
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution.
- Demonstrate behaviours aligned with the Evolution Mining values.
Are you the one:
- Minimum 4 years previous mining experience
- Conduct Secondary Firing and Management of Misfires
- Production Charge Up (Prepare to Fire)
- Development Charge Up (Prepare to Fire)
- Conduct Firing
- Magazine Access and Handle and Transport Explosives
- Misfires Awareness
- Underground Charge Vehicle Operation
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
Click the Apply Now button, or to discover more about and how you can be part of the Evolution story, go to www.evolutionmining.com.au/discover
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Charge Up Operator – Underground Gold Mine