If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry-Level Driller Jobs Perth
Itch Recruitment are searching to hire entry-level drillers for work in Perth. This is a beginner job in the mines that requires no experience, so be sure to get a resume over ASAP if you’re keen to get a start in mining!
- Earn $34.50ph and get paid to learn before you go on site
- FIFO 2:1, 2:2 & 4:2 – RIO/FMG & BHP Sites
- Work for a top level Drilling company on WA sites
Details about this entry-level mining job:
These positions are with a client of ours who is a stable and respected player in the drilling game who only work in the big names in WA mining (this means awesome sites and safety as a number one priority).
- You work as a contactor with Itch for your probation period (3-4 months) and if you pass your probation, should be offered a permanent job with the client.
- When you are permanent you get started on your Cert II and Cert III in Drilling which makes you a more valuable employee and opens doors to drilling around the world.
- The job is tough, as tough can get. You are assisting the Driller, which involves lifting 30kg drill rods non-stop all day (with breaks obviously!)
- These positions come with full pay for ten days training which will give you the experience to feel comfortable when you start working with the rig.
- FIFO 2:1, 2:2 & 4:2
Requirements for Entry-Level Driller Jobs Perth:
Again, this job is bloody tough, so to lower your risk of injury we need to know your body is already used to strenuous work. To even get a look-in you absolutely MUST HAVE:
- 12 months of recent experience in a hard labour role.
- A valid HR licence.
- You must be a resident of WA – this is not negotiable (for insurance reasons).
Note: 95% of applicants who aren’t successful in the process are due to not meeting one or more of these requirements so make sure you meet all three before applying!
Additional requirements for this mining role:
- A National Police Clearance (Or know you will pass one without any nasty surprises for us).
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including fitness testing) and pass an alcohol and drug test.
Why work for this company:
Itch are leading recruitment suppliers in the drilling industry. They have decades worth of experience in Drilling recruitment and have actually lived and worked on site, so they know what they are talking about. You become part of the Itch family when you start with us so they check in with you regularly and will answer any questions you have along the way.