If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electrical Maintainer – Roma QLD
Electrical Maintainer Fitter Mechanic Roma QLD
- Seek new goals in 2018 and live in a fresh vibrant community whilst working at expanding operation.
- Join the latest bauxite development – Amrun and look forward to a different style of working.
- Opportunities are also available across existing operation at Andoom and East Weipa.
- They are building a pioneering workforce to join in their next venture.
Electrical Maintainer Fitter Mechanic Roma QLD
Building a bigger workforce at the Weipa operations to support latest bauxite development – Amrun. The new mine is an extension of existing operations, and is located south of the Embley River, between Weipa and Aurukun. With new development, comes new opportunities and searching for people who want to pioneer progress and be part of this exciting development.
Discover more about Amrun, Andoom and the Weipa operations
They’ve proudly supported the continuation of Weipa operations for 50 years and legacy has helped build a vibrant and thriving coastal community. They have numerous opportunities across the Weipa operations portfolio, including existing mines at Andoom and East Weipa, and the new mine at Amrun. At Amrun, you can experience a hybrid lifestyle enjoying the new camp and facilities during shift and relaxing with friends and family in Weipa on your days off. You can also look forward to a 4,5,5 straight shift roster and individual lifestyle camp rooms with private ensuite facilities, TV with Foxtel, WiFi, pool, gym, cinema rooms, BBQ areas, tennis courts and much more.
Opportunities at Andoom and East Weipa will allow you to return home after every shift. You will enjoy the 4,5,5 hybrid roster which combines straight shifts with rotations so that you get the best of both worlds in a residential environment.
With first shipment at Amrun scheduled for early 2019, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of something different where you can look forward to a new style of working, new challenges, in a new environment.
About the role
They are searching for Electrical Maintainers to assist in the efficient day-to-day operation and maintenance of the beatification plant, rail dump-bridge and ship loading.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a trade background, strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude along with good fixed plant and ship loading experience. Reporting to the Crew Leader, you will be:
- Minimizing production interruptions due to breakdowns through excellent fault finding skills and troubleshooting.
- Conducting preventative maintenance on electrical equipment and breakdown repair.
- Executing electrical improvement work and completing installations to a high standard to meet present and future needs of the operation.
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents. b
To be considered, you will have:
- A Queensland Electrical Fitter Mechanic License
- A current “C” class driver’s license
- Relevant post trade experience in the mining industry
- A strong commitment to safety
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge or experience with High Voltage (HV) Switching.
- Experience with Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC or any similar programs.
- Working at heights, confined spaces, Forklift, Elevated Work Platform, Dogging or rigging tickets/qualifications.
- Experience working within a multi discipline team.
- Have completed post trade instrumentation training.
About Rio Tinto
As pioneers in mining and metals, they also produce materials essential to human progress. Their long history is filled with firsts. they’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations,and the people work in around 35 countries across six continents. They led the industry in partnerships, with customers in new markets, and with local communities.
They have pioneered technological innovations, such as Mine of the Future programmed and low-CO2 aluminum from hydro power. And paved the way in areas such as safety, tax transparency and legacy management.
Inclusion & Diversity
They are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, there people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when they are accepted and valued for differences, not judged by them. They all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
How to apply
If you’re interested in launching your career, apply today for an exciting tomorrow.
Apply for Electrical Maintainer Fitter Mechanic Roma QLD
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.