Do the online Supervisor course today – get started 5 minutes after talking with our consultant.
Avoid travelling to a course / accommodation / car hire / meal expenses
Contact us direct on
0403 560 594
email: email@example.com or apply online today.
Become a Supervisor in the mines
(surface and underground coal mining operations)
- The course has 3 units to complete
- Do this course online, even on your iPAD/tablet (and some phones)
- You get a PDF of the learning material so you can read it offline/print it too
Fill out the form below and a consultant will contact you to get you started today!
Contact our office on 0403 560 594 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About this course
This course is not complicated. If you’re already working in the industry, it will be fairly straightforward. Everything you need is provided. You get the courses materials, assessment – everything. Download the learning material workbook and print it out if you want to.
Help is always available from your trainer/assessor within the learning portal. The trainers have years of experience in the mining as well as the construction industry.
When you’ve finished reading the workbook, just answer the questions in the assessment (you can hand write your answers and send it back to us) where your assessor will mark it ASAP.
You need this qualification
This Supervisor course will give you the qualifications to help you step up into a more responsible role as a leading hand, Supervisor or a designated Site Safety and Health Representative in the mining sector. (or construction industry)
Armed with the Supervisor qualification, you’ll be seen as a trusted manager or team leader, someone who can be relied upon to get things done as well as someone who knows their job.
The course is also known as the G1, G8 and G9 as well as the S1, S2, S3 and the good news is you could finish this course online in just a few days.
Do this Supervisor training course online.
Begin your training today . Fast turnaround.
0403 560 594
Complete only 3 units
Conduct safety and health investigations
This unit will give you the knowledge and confidence to conduct safety and health investigations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. If you’re working in or looking to move into technical or specialist roles, this qualification is essential. (referred to as S2 or G8)
Apply risk management processes
This unit is about developing the skills and knowledge required to apply risk management processes in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This qualification is appropriate for those working in operational or supervisory roles. (referred to as S1 or G1)
Being a great communicator is essential to get things done in the workplace. Learning how to be a great communicator will make your job easier, especially when you’re working with teams. (referred to as S3 or G9)
You will learn
- How become an expert communicator.
- How to get the most from your team by gaining their respect.
- How to question, listen and be more assertive in your new role as a Supervisor.
- To develop and work within a framework for managing workplace conflict.
- How to be creative as well as how to follow procedures when solving problems when working with teams.
- How to leverage your qualification to pursue further professional development into management.
- How to support site leadership and direction to improve overall productivity and performance.
- The latest WHS policies, procedures and practice.
- To confidently provide leadership and direction to a production team, above or underground.
- About zero-harm leadership and why it’s important to do so.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Overseeing the safety of all the workers within the mine site operations.
- Be aware of all WHS policies and procedures.
- Planning daily production targets for a mine whilst ensuring equipment and supplies are always available when needed.
- Facilitating effective working relationships with operational, technical and maintenance crews.
- Developing orientation programs to train new and existing mine workers.
- Rostering and scheduling work shift. Facilitating briefing sessions to address changes in company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all safety measures, guidelines and regulations are being diligently followed.
- Ensuring all risk assessments are being carried out to the policy of the company.
- Reporting any breaches of safety or identifying hazards to the mine site managers.
- Implement a safety plan and handle the emergency safely, quickly and effectively.
- Working with employees to handle their personal and work related issues; and
- Ensure that your team are able to work in safe environments without additional stress or duress.
- Perform the duties and position requirements of a Mine Safety and Health Representative as detailed in the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act.
- Conduct inspections.
- Understand risk management concepts and be able to perform risk assessments in accordance with the hierarchy or control.
- Develop site working instructions.
- Identification and documentation of courses of action to resolve and/or prevent re-occurrence of the issues or problems.
- Conduct incident investigations; and
- Understand appropriate methods of communication.
Complete this course online – start today!
You complete this course online at your own pace. You will take away your very own workbook as well as additional notes which you can refer to once you are back on site.
Recap: the units you will study are;
- G1 – RIIRIS301D – Apply Risk Management Processes
- G8 – RIIWHS301D – Conduct safety and Health Investigations
- G9 – RIICOM301D – Communicate Information
The training and assessment is designed to help existing workplace supervisors, union representatives, safety committee members, assistant safety officers and other staff who identify and manage workplace health and safety hazards.
There is a practical sign-off required for competency in this course. You will be provided with a comprehensive workbook you can use at your work site and have it signed off by your manager.
RIIRIS301D – Apply Risk Management Processes (G1)
Covering the application of risk management processes in resources and infrastructure industries.
This unit is focused on:
- identification of on-site hazards
- assessing and identifying unacceptable risk
- identifying and recommending treatments
- contributing to the implementation of treatments; and
- reviewing safety system documentation
RIIWHS301D - Conduct safety and health investigations (G8)
Conducting safety and health investigations in the resources and infrastructure industries.
This unit is focused on:
- determining the investigation objectives
- information gathering
- evaluating the information
- identifying appropriate courses of action;and
- preparation and presentation of reports pertinent to the investigation
RIICOM301D - Communicate Information (G9)
In this unit you will learn effective communication of information in the resource industry.
This unit is focused on:
- verbal and written communication
- achieving outcomes of meetings
- preparation and delivery of presentations; and
- effective negotiation
Identify and explain WHS legislative requirements;
- Application of the processes and tasks to conduct WH&S inspections and to identify, analyse, assess risks, recommend treatment, contribute to implementation of treatments and to monitor risks;
- Preparation, testing and documentation of site working instructions or equivalent;
- Application of safety and health investigative processes at the operational level, including the identification and collection of evidence, the analysis of evidence to identify the reasons for and results of the occurrence or situations;
- Identification and documentation of courses of action to resolve and/or prevent re-occurrence of the issues or problems;
- Effectively communicate information with other persons in the mining industry; verbally and in writing. This includes report form, participating in meetings, making presentations and participating in operational level negotiations.
Statement of Attainment
Valid for 5 Years (refreshers are available)
Combo: $900 (G2 Risk Assessment + Supervisor) Save $175.
Call 0403 560 594 for details.
After you fill out the form, a training coordinator will contact you.
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of PARASOL (NPN: 2551).
Reference: Mining Supervisors Course G1, G8, G9 (formerly S1,2,3) | Online training course for people looking to work as a safety supervisor in the mining industry in Australia.