Water Truck Training Course
RIIMPO206B – Conduct Bulk Water Operations
For open-cut mining and other surface extraction industries
Bulk water trucks are an absolutely essential part of mining operations. They are required on every site for compaction, dust control, fire-prevention and protection.
Water trucks are purpose-built vehicles for the transport and distribution of water on mine sites and are available in a variety of diesel-mechanical, diesel-electric, rigid or articulated vehicles.
This qualification is suited to those currently working or wish to find work in mobile plant operator roles within:
- Open-cut coal mining
- Extractive industries, such as quarries
- Metalliferous mining, gold, zinc etc
This course gives participants theory and practical training on the operations of a water truck on Australian coal, metalliferous and extractive mine or quarry sites. It includes planning and preparing for water truck operations; safe operation the truck; loading water, hauling and distribution and carrying out post-operational and shutdown procedures.
The RIIMPO206B- Conduct Bulk Water Truck Operations course, once completed can create more employment opportunities for people who seek a career in the mining industry.
This nationally recognised course has been designed in consultation with mining companies to make participants `mine ready` in every sense.
About the course
There is a theory component to the course as well as practical operations and assessment on a simulated mine site, which is contained on a real mining lease. Participants in this course will get the benefit of operating a water truck with other mining machinery operating in the vicinity. This creates a realistic experience for operators and emphasises the need for strict safety and compliance when operating heavy machinery.
What you can expect from the course;
- Initial introduction to the training unit
- Learn about the relevant Australian Standards, legislation and regulations
- Up to date WH&S policy and procedure
- Work requirements, safety information and start up/shut down procedures
- Relevant Codes of Practice
- Identification of work site hazards and reporting of
- Understand the signals used on a mine site
- Operate the truck, load, haul and distribute water to eliminate dust
- New Chum, Queensland (approx 35 mins west of Brisbane)
- As long as you can read and write basic English, you'll have no trouble with the theory aspect of this course
- This is a physical job, so we'd expect you to have a reasonable level health and fitness
- Written Assessment
- Practical Assessment
Once you have successfully completed the course you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment RIIMPO206D Conduct bulk water truck operationsCall (07) 5520 2522 for more information
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the training and industry experience of Tectra Australia Pty Ltd / RTO number: 40889, who are a leading provider of mining training.