Xstrata Coal is seeking people wishing to acquire a trade qualification through a Mechanical, Electrical, Auto Electrical or Metal Fabrication Apprenticeship.
A fantastic opportunity exists to join the Xstrata Coal Apprenticeship Program at one of their underground, open cut, or surface operations throughout Queensland.
These operations include Oaky Creek Coal (Underground and Surface Operations), Newlands Coal (Underground and Open Cut), Rolleston Coal (Open Cut) and Abbot Point Bulk Coal Terminal.
Having won the Ministers` award for excellence, the Xstrata Coal Apprenticeship is a unique four-year training programme with a mixture of on-site, off-site and TAFE training.
You will attend TAFE full-time for the first 12 months of your apprenticeship and then will commence full-time at one of the Xstrata Coal managed operations to complete your four year apprenticeship.
Ideally you will have:
- A Senior Certificate (or expect to have one at the end of 2011);
- A strong focus on working safely;
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Be able to work at different company locations
You will need to provide the following:
- On-line registration (specifying your trade preference)
- Cover letter ““ introducing yourself and your reasons for applying
- Resume ““ including personal details, education, work experience and details of 2 referees
- Copies of the last two years of school, TAFE or university results
The selection process will include psychometric testing, interview and medical assessment.
Applications close 31 July 2011.
For more information on these and other roles visit: www.xstrata.com/jobs/careers
If you want information on underground mining courses available for new starters click here