If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Workshop Mechanic Port Hedland FIFO/Reso
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world’s leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, they also supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors. At WesTrac the primary focus is the people. They know that their success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as they look to the future and there goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, they are more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for business.
Applicants will demonstrate:
- A neat and organized approach to work and reporting procedures
- Dedicated commitment to Safety & Quality Assurance Policies
- Willingness to assist with a range of tasks
- Dedication to customer satisfaction
- Australian Recognized Heavy Duty Trade Qualification with a minimum of 3 years post trade experience
- Caterpillar product knowledge and maintenance experience
- Competent in use of DBS and SIS
- Previous use of safety and risk assessment tools, such as Job Safety Analysis and Take 5’s
- Ability to work successfully within a team, autonomously and unsupervised
- Familiarity with service literature
- Current C Class License
- High Risk License Forklift and Working at Heights
- Heavy Rigid License
- Dogging Ticket
- Basic Riggers Ticket
- Elevated Work Platform
- Heavy Rigid License
- Exposure to underground Equipment such as AD45-55 and R1700-2900’s
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac is seeking an energetic and team oriented individual for Port Hedland branch to provide the level of support required within the area. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, this position will be required to carry out workshop, field repairs & maintenance on a range of Caterpillar mining equipment. The position will be based in Port Hedland for at least 12 months, with the option to transfer to another site after 12 months
NOTE: When you apply for this job Workshop Mechanic, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
To apply for this position
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please click APPLY NOW by the button below
Click Apply for Workshop Mechanic FIFO RESO Port Hedland NSW