Workshop Maintenance Fitter (inspections)
The objective of the Workshop Maintenance Fitter (inspections) role is to provide support to the hire and service Branch Manager. This will include the inspection and commissioning of all products, after sales care including service/support and maintenance of equipment.
Day to day coordination of workshop tasks including assistance with inventory control, stock levels and general housekeeping.
The position will also require continuous improvement initiatives in an effective and consolidated manner.
This will include:
- Complete any manufacturing requirements on arrival of new and used products,
- Carry out pre-delivery inspections on all sold products and equipment,
- Assemble, install, test and maintain components for all products including on site machine commissioning,
- Update supervisor of daily tasks completed and schedules,
- Ensure preventative and scheduled maintenance plant is in accordance with company procedures and policies,
- Resolve any post sale/support service requirements including warranty issues,
- Manage warehouse including inventory control, stock levels and general housekeeping,
- Provide feedback to the engineering department regarding product improvements,
- Support other regions as required,
- Maintain tools and equipment to a high standard,
- Personnel achieve the highest standards of maintenance and repairs along with the highest standard of safety and customer service,
- Provide input into all maintenance and safety procedures,
- Supervise and provide training for apprentices as required,
- Attend and participate in all toolbox meeting.
- Mechanical trade certificate,
- High risk work license – Forklift, Dogging & Rigging,
- Current first aid certificate.
- Working at heights ticket,
- Working in confined spaces ticket,
- Truck license.
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical experience,
- Mine site experience with exposure to underground operations and products.
- Experience with crushing and screening equipment,
- 2 years underground mining maintenance experience,
- Experienced in mobile plant breakdown situations.
- Sound knowledge in the maintenance and repair of mining mobile plant,
- Sound communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Ability to forward plan and prioritize tasks,
- Ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of mine personnel,
- Good understanding of mine emergency procedures,
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to train apprentices.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Workshop Maintenance Heavy Duty Fitter Derrimut VIC
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.