Workshop Floater– Heavy Duty Fitter
Allied Recruitment is currently seeking experienced Heavy Duty Fitter for work residential and FIFO as required.
Working a FIFO roster from Perth, the main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out major component change outs, across various local and remote mine sites – including Boddington, Roy Hill and Murrin Murrin
- Roster will vary from site to site
- Able to work in a team or autonomously
- Must be available to cover annual leave for permanent staff
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Hold relevant trade qualifications of Heavy Vehicle/Diesel Mechanic
- Experience conducting maintenance work on various mining equipment
- Previous experience on either Hitachi, CAT, Komatsu or John Deere
- Experience with onsite breakdowns.
- Must be able to pass DAS and Full medical including a workcover hearing test
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
To be successful, your resume must contain:
- Your full residential address
- Contact email address and mobile number
- A current resume, with details of your employment within the last 12 months minimum
- Whilst not essential, your application will be favoured if you can include copies of any qualifications or licences you may hold, such as a drivers licence, high risk work licence, white card or trade certificate.
NOTE: When you apply for this job Heavy Duty Fitter, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team please apply online now with an up to date CV.
Your interest and experience can be expressed by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Apply for Workshop Floater Heavy Duty Fitter Perth WA
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.