See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Workshop Diesel Fitter QLD
Workshop Diesel Fitter maintenance Mackay QLD
National Pump & Energy (NPE) is a leader in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services.
From there origins supplying pumping equipment to mine sites, they have grown to increase hire fleet and capabilities to service more industries and deliver specialized pumping, power generation and compressed air solutions to clients in civil and general construction, oil & gas, government, agriculture and more. Basically, when it comes pumps, power generation and compressed air, there is nothing that they can’t do.
At NPE, they know that it’s the people that have set apart from the others. There dedicated team are committed to servicing the needs of clients through unrivaled expertise and passion for what they do.
- Accountability for the effective maintenance, repair of equipment ensuring delivery schedules are met in a timely manner
- Carry out engine diagnosis, diesel & mechanical repairs and servicing
- Assessment and inspection of returned fleet for damage
- Assess and scope repairs and parts
- Accurate and timely recording of servicing information
- Effective communication on a day to day activities are clearly understood by all
- Connection and testing of pumping equipment
- Ensuring timely completion for all inspection, testing, safety, delivery and purchasing paperwork is completed in full
- Adhoc servicing, installs and repairs in the field as required
- Other duties as required by Workshop Supervisor/Manager
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
- Trade qualified with at least 3 years post trade experience in diesel engine and mechanical maintenance repairs
- Experience in diesel engine rebuilds
- Experience in pump repair/rebuilds (desirable)
- Experience in assessing and scoping required repairs & parts
- Ability to read, interpret and record pressure gauge readings
- Use of measuring equipment, i.e. micrometers, feeler gauges, dial test indicators
- Experience in aligning pump ends to drive systems
- Organization and multi-tasking skills
- Able to work unsupervised and with limited direction
- Valid c-class driver’s license required
- Willing to obtain, or have high risk forklift license (desirable).
Candidates must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude and be committed to their role. Along with possessing a particular focus on safety, quality and efficiency.
Candidates must live in and have the right to work in Australia to be considered.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Workshop Diesel Fitter maintenance Mackay QLD