Women Mining Trainee Jobs QLD
What is the Sisters in Mining Program?
Thiess are looking for interested Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women wanting to begin their mining careers; with a paid Haul Truck Operator Traineeship at one of the Thiess mine sites in central Queensland.
To be eligible for the program you will need to meet the below criteria:
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander woman
- 18 years old or over
- A holder of a current, c-class Drivers License
- Living in the Central Queensland area (e.g. Rockhampton, Emerald, Moranbah, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay, Woorabinda)
About the Program:
- Haul Truck simulator training and on the job training
- Roster is 7 days on, 7 days off rotating shifts
- 12.5 hour day shifts and 12.5 hour night shifts
- Full camp accommodation with meals provided
- 18 month paid traineeship
- No FIFO is provided for this position
At the completion of the program you will receive:
- Statement of Attainment for Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Mine Site Inductions (including Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Surface Operations induction)
- Coal board medical
- A completed Traineeship and ongoing mentoring, training and support
About the Company:
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the worlds largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, they optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Apply Here for Women Mining Trainee Jobs QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.