Women Mining Trainee Jobs QLD
What is the Sisters in Mining Program?
Thiess are looking for interested Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women wanting to begin their mining careers; with a paid Haul Truck Operator Traineeship at one of the Thiess mine sites in central Queensland.
To be eligible for the program you will need to meet the below criteria:
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander woman
- 18 years old or over
- A holder of a current, c-class Drivers License
- Living in the Central Queensland area (e.g. Rockhampton, Emerald, Moranbah, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay, Woorabinda)
About the Program:
- Haul Truck simulator training and on the job training
- Roster is 7 days on, 7 days off rotating shifts
- 12.5 hour day shifts and 12.5 hour night shifts
- Full camp accommodation with meals provided
- 18 month paid traineeship
- No FIFO is provided for this position
At the completion of the program you will receive:
- Statement of Attainment for Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Mine Site Inductions (including Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Surface Operations induction)
- Coal board medical
- A completed Traineeship and ongoing mentoring, training and support
About the Company:
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the worlds largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, they optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.