See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Women Mining Trainee Jobs QLD
What is the Sisters in Mining Program?
Thiess are searching for interested Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women wanting to begin their mining careers; with a paid Haul Truck Operator Traineeship at one of the Thiess mine sites in central Queensland.
To be eligible for the program you will need to meet the below criteria:
- An Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander woman
- 18 years old or over
- A holder of a current, c-class Drivers License
- Living in the Central Queensland area (e.g. Rockhampton, Emerald, Moranbah, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay, Woorabinda)
About the Program:
- Haul Truck simulator training and on the job training
- Roster is 7 days on, 7 days off rotating shifts
- 12.5 hour day shifts and 12.5 hour night shifts
- Full camp accommodation with meals provided
- 18 month paid traineeship
- No FIFO is provided for this position
At the completion of the program you will receive:
- Statement of Attainment for Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Mine Site Inductions (including Standard 11 Induction Training Surface Operations induction)
- Coal board medical
- A completed Traineeship and ongoing mentoring, training and support
About the Company:
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the worlds largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, they optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.