Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Weipa FIFO Diesel Fitter QLD Mine Job
Established in 1932, the Hastings Deering Group is one of the top 5 Caterpillar dealers worldwide. The company is the exclusive distributor for the sale of Caterpillar equipment, technology solutions, parts and service support in our territories. Headquartered in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Hastings Deering has close to 3000 employees, across 23 business service centers throughout Queensland, Northern Territory, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.
At Hastings Deering they genuinely believe that the people are the most valuable competitive advantage. No matter your profession, the scope of operations means there is a place for you here. If you’re talented at what you do, passionate about your work and appreciate the satisfaction of being recognized for a job well done, Hastings Deering can help you take your career to the next level.
About the Role
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated trade qualified Diesel Fitter in Weipa. This role will be a 7on 7off roster, FIFO from Cairns in a permanent role.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and complete all paperwork associated with job completion
- Repair and maintenance on Caterpillar equipment
- Use Caterpillar Diagnostic Systems (ET Vims, SIMSi and SIS)
- Ensure cleanliness, quality and safety is of the highest standard at all times
- Monitor your time management to maximize efficiency
- Work autonomously
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Relevant Trade qualifications
- Demonstrated service and repair experience on Caterpillar equipment
- The ability to work within a team and unsupervised
- Basic computer skills
- Experience on Caterpillar Diagnostic Systems (ET Vims, SIMSi and SIS) is desirable
- The ability to maintain a high level of workplace health and safety
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong commitment to quality control, CPS, and working to schedules
Hastings Deering offers a wide range of benefits including:
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- A competitive remuneration package
- A company funded income protection scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and their families
- Discounts on private health, vehicles, travel and more
Enquiries: Please call 1300 071 618
Applications Close: 11 February 2018
To Apply: http://www.hastingsdeering.com.au/home/careers/job-centre
More info: www.hastingsdeering.com.au
How to Apply
This is your opportunity to establish an exciting career path that only a dynamic mining company can provide. To submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below.
Click Apply for Weipa FIFO Diesel Fitter Cairns QLD Mining Job