Water Truck Operator – Underground Mining
The water truck operator is responsible for the safe, effective and product operation of the water truck in both an underground and surface environment as directed by the Supervisor. This role will be a 7/7 roster with flights provided from Townsville.
- 7/7 roster
- FIFO Townsville
- Cannington Project
- provide a high standard of dust suppression services, underground and surface as directed, including but not limited to safe operation in, and negotiation of, underground travel ways. Provide dust suppression support activities to underground haulage and operational crews
- ensure machinery used is cleaned and serviced regularly and any mechanical issues or damage is reported immediately
- accurately complete all required daily activity and safety reporting as directed
- attend and contribute to pre-start meetings, toolbox talks, safety meetings, roster change and shift change meetings when required
- conduct Take 5’s and JSA’s when required
- complete all pre start checks prior to use of equipment.
Skills & Experience
- experience with the operation of Water Trucks and road maintenance machinery in an underground environment
- current G1 Safety Induction – Metalliferous Core & Underground
- current First Aid & CPR certificate (HLTFA301B – Apply Basic First Aid, HLTFA201A – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, HLTCPR201A – Perform CPR)
- valid manual drivers license
- the ability to work well with others in a team environment as well as work unsupervised;
- good communication skills, both verbally and written;
- A work ethic in keeping with Redpath’s motto Consider it done.
The role is a full time wage role with an competitive hourly rate on offer for the successful candidate.
Redpath is the type of company where you can sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 2103-2572-MPL
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Water Truck Operator Underground Mining Townsville QLD