This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Water Cart Jobs Mackay
Nobul has an amazing opportunity available for two Scraper water cart operators on a 6:6 roster, this roster is DAY shift only! and 12-hour shifts in length. Camp and meals provided for you, ongoing consistent work with PLENTY of overtime available.
You will be working alongside a highly reputable mining/ civil contractor who is well known across the Bowen Basin. If you are multi ticketed and wanting to build up your skills on other plants, you will be given the opportunity to jump on other machines as well.
To be successful:
- MUST have experience on a scraper water cart
- Other tickets highly advantageous
- DIDO from local areas
- Ability to work on a 6:6 roster and commit to ongoing work
- Have a Coal Board Medical and Standard 11 Induction Training
- Even time roster
- Located 2 hours from Mackay
- Plenty of work plus overtime available
- Variety in plant operation
- Day shift only! 12 shifts
- Work alongside a highly reputable mining and civil contractor
- PPE provided
- Top-quality camp and meals
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list