Experienced Mine Geologist – Coal Mining Jobs
- Applications through Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted
- Applicants must be able to work in Australia
CBH Resources is privately owned by the TOHO Zinc Company of Japan. Rasp Mine is an underground mine and processing operation located centrally in the historic City of Broken Hill.
Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist you will be responsible for developing an understanding of the geological environment and providing support to mining and operational staff on geological issues.
Responsibilities will include:
- Geological mapping of underground development
- Geological drill database administration
- Core logging
- 3D interpretation/wire framing
- Sampling of walls, stockpiles and stopes
- Data entry
- Daily reporting
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Geology
- Minimum 5 years mine geology experience
- Demonstrated experience of geological practice within the underground metalliferous mining industry
- Experience with Datashed database program
- Current Australian Manual driver’s license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Experience with Vulcan 3D modelling software, Surpac and databases would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental requirements associated with underground mining
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong organization and time management skills
- Perform as a team player and have a “can do” attitude
This is a residential position. An attractive salary package, relocation and subsidized housing will be offered. Roster might vary between 9/5 and 5/2.
Situated in NSW close to the SA and VIC borders, approximately 500km from Adelaide and 300km from Mildura, Broken Hill is a well-established city of 18,000 people enjoying high standard infrastructure, schools, health and sporting facilities and an active community network.
How to Apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Underground Senior Mine Geologist Technical Services NSW
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.