You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mine Workers
Underground Personnel Mine Workers Bowen Basin
- Work with a safety focused Company
- Various site locations and opportunities
- Accommodation and Meals Provided
G&S Engineering Services delivers professional asset management services to the industry by providing responsive teams with targeted skills to address the maintenance, construction and engineering needs of our clients in the resources, energy and infrastructure industries.
G&S prides itself in providing a service which enhances the value and performance of their client’s assets. There success is achieved only through the ability, determination and passion of their people.
What they are searching for:
Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Underground Personnel for positions in the Bowen Basin.
To be successful in this role, you must be a competent Underground Mine Worker, with a proactive attitude towards safety, willing to work as a team and ability to adapt to change.
As an ideal candidate you will have:
- Minimum of 2 years Underground experience
- Australian Recognized Trade Qualification
- Current Underground Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Induction Training SOA Surface & Underground or BMA Core
In return, G&S will offer:
- Weekly pays
- Competitive hourly pay rates
- Meals and Accommodation supplied while on roster
- Opportunity for ongoing work
If you have the required skill set along with a great work ethic, they would like to hear from you.
How to APPLY
To apply for this position, click the apply button and attach an updated resume.
Apply for Underground Personnel Mine Workers Bowen Basin
If you would like to receive updates on positions available at G&S, join on Facebook: www.facebook.com/GSEngineeringServices
G&S Engineering Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organization that supports diverse workforce
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list