You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Operators – Immediate to start
Jennchem Australia specializes in underground strata support, VCD installation and injection chemical operations within the black coal mining industry. They are part of a large group of companies worldwide with a focus on safety, continuous improvement and employee development. Jennchem is currently expanding its labour force to cover recently acquired long term work in the Bowen Basin, with the opportunity for permanent positions.
The following job roles will be available within this position:
- Surface to Underground pumpable crib installation
- VCD installations
- Injection chemical operations
- Secondary support installation
- Longwall support operations
Skills and experience
Applicants must have the following:
- Current QLD standard 11 underground induction
- Current Coal Board Medical
- Underground black coal experience
Applicants considered favorable with experience in the following:
- Secondary support operations
- VCD installations
- Pumpable Crib installations
- Injection Chemical operations
Preferred Mine site Inductions:
- Moranbah North induction – surface and underground
- North Goonyella induction - surface and underground
To apply for this position, click the “apply button“and attach an up to date resume.
Click for more details and Apply for Underground Operators Job
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list