See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Operators – Multiple Positions!
- Multiple Rosters Available
- Immediate Starts
- FTE Opportunities!
They are now currently seeking experienced Underground Operators for various roles based in the Goldfields. These roles will be offered on various rosters, FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Kalgoorlie or surrounding areas, with opportunities to go permanent for the right candidates.
They are also accepting Expressions of Interest from people who are willing to live locally in the Kambalda and Kalgoorlie area.
These are NOT Greenskin Roles and only experienced Underground Mining applicants will be considered.
ROLE DESCRIPTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Shift Bosses – Responsible for the supervision of day to day operations. 5+ years’ experience working in an Underground Shift Supervisor in; Development, Production or Rehab mine works. Western Australian Underground Supervisors’ Certificate of Competency, Current WA Dangerous Goods Card, Working at Heights and Confined Spaces & Senior First Aid.
- Jumbo Operators – Responsible for drilling holes in the drive face for later charging with explosives in order to extend the drive. You will also be responsible for the installation of ground support to ensure rock stability. 2 years + previous experience & Current WA Dangerous Goods Card, Working at Heights Certificate.
- Bogger Operators – Responsible for bogging-out stopes and loading materials into dump trucks, stockpiles or dump holes. RPL/VOC for LHD and IT Carriers. Tele-remote experience is desirable.
- Grader Operator – Responsible for maintaining stockpiles, dumps & haul roads to ensure flow and preparation of new operating areas and roads. 3+ Years’ experience operating UG Graders, Working at Heights, RPL/VOC’s.
- Truck Drivers – Responsible for transporting and dumping ore as well as providing assistance to all underground production and maintenance teams. Prior underground mining experience is essential. Valid Australian Manual Drivers Licence & Working at Heights Certificate.
- Charge Up – Responsible for the assembly, positioning and detonating of explosives in an underground mining environment. WA Shotfirer’s Licence, WA DGSC, Working at Heights, IT and LV tickets. Hand scaling and IKON tickets desirable.
- Service Crew – Responsible for various aspects of Underground installation, removal and repair of services (air, water and ventilation) and pumping equipment in development and production areas. 1+ year underground experience in a similar role, Current WA Dangerous Goods Security Card, Senior First Aid Certificate, IT Loader Ticket, Working at Heights ticket.
- Paste Crew – Paste Crew carries out the Paste & Concreting services on site. 12 Months experience in a similar role, WA DGSC, Working at Heights, RPL/VOC’s.
- Nippers– Responsible for providing assistance to all Production & Maintenance Teams. Must have some exposure to working underground (Driller’s Offsider).
To be considered, you must have the following:
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience, with contactable referees relevant to this experience;
- Clean & Valid Australian Drivers Licence (‘C-Class’ Drivers Licence or higher);
- National Police Clearance Certificate (Issued within the last 3 months);
- Eligibility and Rights to Work in Australia;
- Nationally accredited Working at Heights Certificate (RIIWHS204);
- Underground RPL’s relevant to the position.
What they offer:
- Competitive & Attractive Remuneration package with weekly pay schedule.
- Immediate start with the possibility of a permanent role for the right candidate.
A full pre-employment medical is required, including a drug and alcohol screen and site specific clearances. A National Police Clearance and any necessary tickets or qualifications are required to be presented prior to the Medical Assessment.
If you are interested in this position and match the above criteria, please send your current CV by clicking Apply tab.
Click Apply for Underground Operators Multiple Positions Goldfields
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.