See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Jumbo Operator – FIFO
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep us at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so clients are best positioned in a competitive global market.
Their people are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything we do.
As next Jumbo Operator reporting to the Mining Supervisor, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include;
- Operation of twin boom jumbo drilling rig for safe underground development mining
- Operate boom to scale face, drill holes for ground support, sample holes to specifications and plans
- Direct and coordinate nipper to maximize production in a safe and efficient manner
- Keep accurate records of activities in prescribed manner
What skills and experience do you need?
- Current first aid certificate
- Current drivers license
- Minimum 4 years experience within a similar role and competent production drilling Solo experience
- Knowledge of varying ground support techniques and basic ground support theory
- Knowledge of drilling and charging for different ground conditions and heading profiles Scope
- 2:1 FIFO Roster exit Perth. Full time permanent position
When do you need to apply?
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organization that’s as excited about the important things as you are. Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
They are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which they operate. For more information on approach to Diversity and Inclusion, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mining Supervisor Jumbo Operator FIFO WA