Underground Mining Operator – FIFO Adelaide
Underground Mining Operator FIFO Adelaide Australia
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. The purpose is to make customers successful, every day, all around the world. They take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainable. Together, these enable to grow and create enduring value for shareholders.
About the role
Currently seeking applications for Trainee or Experienced Underground MCU Operators to work in Olympic Dam operations team. These positions are casual contract positions with potential for long term engagement.
Working underground on customer mine sites you will be operating equipment. An MCU is used to deliver and load explosive materials into blast holes underground. The roster for this position is 2 weeks on, 1 week off. For fatigue management reasons it is a requirement that you are based in Adelaide to be able to mobilize to there customers mine sites. Flights will be provided ex. Adelaide.
What you will be doing
The main purpose of this role will be to ensure a quality service in the manufacture and distribution of bulk explosives and shot firing services to our customers, in a safe and efficient and environmentally conscious manner.
What you bring
- Previous underground mining experience (i.e. Charging or mining operations)
- Heavy rigid (HR) vehicle license
- 1 year + operating an MCU or similar blast product delivery vehicle (advantageous)
- Experience with electronic blasting systems (advantageous)
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What they can offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
To apply for this position
To apply for this role please click the Apply button and SEEK will take you through the process.
Apply for Underground Mining Operator FIFO Adelaide Australia