If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Manager – Coal Mine Jobs Bowen Basin
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. People are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As next Mining Manager reporting to the Site Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Curragh North Coal Project is 30km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin.
Your key focus will be to own the mining production team to achieve outstanding results in:
- Cost management
What will your accountability be?
- Delivering individual and team production targets through a collaborative approach within the workforce.
- Providing effective operational and technical leadership to the production department.
- Assisting and advising the Site and Project Managers with the running of the Curragh North operation.
People management will be a key driver for you. You will coach and mentor the mining superintendent and supervisors to assist with their continuous improvement and personal development.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous experience in a similar role with proven success working as production manager are crucial to your success in this role.
- Highly developed communication and cost management skills combined with a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
- Advanced leadership skills, financial acumen with a great awareness of contractual obligations.
- Technical services and engineering experience is highly desirable.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This role will provide you with the chance to define the next step in your career. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
There employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of their team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance we place the health, safety and well-being of there people as absolute priority. They are focused on ensuring everyone if fit for work and fit for life.
They are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which they operate.Apply for Experienced Underground Mining Manager Curragh North Coal Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list