Underground Mining Manager – Coal Mine Jobs Bowen Basin
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. People are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
As next Mining Manager reporting to the Site Manager, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
Curragh North Coal Project is 30km north of Blackwater in the Bowen Basin.
Your key focus will be to own the mining production team to achieve outstanding results in:
- Cost management
What will your accountability be?
- Delivering individual and team production targets through a collaborative approach within the workforce.
- Providing effective operational and technical leadership to the production department.
- Assisting and advising the Site and Project Managers with the running of the Curragh North operation.
People management will be a key driver for you. You will coach and mentor the mining superintendent and supervisors to assist with their continuous improvement and personal development.
What skills and experience do you need?
- Previous experience in a similar role with proven success working as production manager are crucial to your success in this role.
- Highly developed communication and cost management skills combined with a strong commitment to health, safety and the environment.
- Advanced leadership skills, financial acumen with a great awareness of contractual obligations.
- Technical services and engineering experience is highly desirable.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This role will provide you with the chance to define the next step in your career. To apply for this role please follow the below link.
There employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of their team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance we place the health, safety and well-being of there people as absolute priority. They are focused on ensuring everyone if fit for work and fit for life.
They are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which they operate.Apply for Experienced Underground Mining Manager Curragh North Coal Bowen Basin