See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Longhole Driller Jobs
Barminco is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Australia, Africa, Egypt and India. Established in Western Australia in 1989, they have spent over 25 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. They are driven by the continued success at their operations and exceeding client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of workforce is the key to success, and they are searching for talented people to join their business. They seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to the company values and dedicated to helping there clients.
In return, they provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. They look forward to receiving your application for the following position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately drill a series of Long holes to a design pattern using a mechanized drill.
- Read and accurately follow mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line, gradient and profile.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimize drill patterns and meters.
- Set up and troubleshoot on Longhole Drill rigs, specifically on the Sandvik rigs.
- Comply with relevant Mines Safety and Inspection Act and Regulations
- Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- ‘C’ Class Drivers License.
- Previous experience working as a Longhole Driller
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Underground Mining Industry.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground Longhole Machine.
- Ability to work autonomously/independently with limited supervision;
- Demonstrated abilities to work within a team environment;
- Commitment to safety.
Your proactive attitude to safety and highly driven work ethic will see you as a much-valued employee, who aligns with Barminco’s values and ‘can do’ attitude. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, opportunities for career progression and development and the opportunity to enjoy a healthy work / life balance.
If you are successful, as part of the on-boarding process, you will be required to undertake a full pre-employment medical, and drug and alcohol screening. Site specific clearances will also be required, which includes a National Police Clearance Certificate.
How to apply
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to Barminco’s Operations Team, they welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Experienced Underground Mining Longhole Driller Mount Isa QLD
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website