If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Jobs – Engineer Mine Design
- Brisbane based Mining Engineer opportunity
- Opportunity to work on the Oyu Tolgoi project
- Challenging block panel caving focus
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. There focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximize value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
Oyu Tolgoi is an operating Copper/ Gold open pit mine with a green fields underground mining project attached. The site is located in the Gobi desert region of Mongolia.
The underground project recommenced development in May 2016. Project execution is undertaken by the Oyu Tolgoi Underground Project (OTUP) team. The next 3 years is dedicated to pre-production development and cave preparation. Short-term mine planning (i.e 0 to 3+ months) is undertaken on the mine site.
The medium to long-term (i.e. greater than 3 months) mine design and planning for the HNL1 underground project is undertaken by the Mine Planning and Technical (MPT) team, based out of Brisbane. The team has a regular presence on site.
The Mine Planning and Technical team has a need for an underground Mining Engineer with the core function of designing, planning and coordinating work in both the medium range (including support to the site execution team), and in the long range to support the future HNL1 cave start-up and operations planning.
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer – Detailed Design, key responsibilities include:
- Managing all underground mine designs (i.e. lateral, vertical and some mass excavation),
- Compiling, documenting and embedding industry leading mine design processes
- Establishing, analyzing and communicating mine design key performance indicators (KPI’s) to improve team output
- Assisting with the maintenance of medium-term (i.e. >3 months to 12 month) mine schedules
- Transmitting all approved underground mining designs for timely site execution
- Documenting mine design and drafting standards
- Continuous improvement of mine design processes to:
- Developing and implementing design KPI’s
- Contributing to Safety in Design initiatives
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- A Mining undergraduate degree
- Practical underground mining experience
- Extensive mine design software use (i.e. proficiency with the Deswik mining suite is preferred)
- Exposure to large underground mining operations
- Mine planning and scheduling experience
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and computer skills
The successful candidate will need to gain knowledge of the current and future operational philosophy of Oyu Tolgoi. A base salary range of $75,000 – $115,000 is on offer for this role
Would you like to apply?
If this this sounds like you and the opportunity you are searching for, apply now. Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like on Facebook, follow on Twitter or join on LinkedIn.Apply for Experienced Underground Mining Jobs Planning Engineer Brisbane QLD