If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining HD Fitter – Field Service
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. Offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. The life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
Continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. The people are central to there success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. There culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
They also have a unique opportunity for a HD Fitter – Field Service, reporting to the Workshop Supervisor you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results. With a varied roster, you will thrive on meeting all goals and challenges, and act with fairness and integrity in all that you do.
556 Wellington St, Perth WA 6000, Australia
Some of your duties will include:
- Perform the servicing, repair and maintenance of large scale Cat, Hitachi, Liebherr & Komatsu mobile mining and other equipment as directed in accordance with Thiess servicing, lubrication and maintenance systems documentation
- Completing General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Services and Component Change outs to a high standard
- Source technical information from the relevant available reference manuals, technical bulletins, OEM and computer based systems
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times
- Conduct required inspections to maximise equipment utilisation & reliability
- Regularly dealing with external clients to ensure machine availability/reliability
What skills and experience do you need?
- Cert III in Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent
- Post-trade experience working in the Mining or Heavy Earth Moving industry
- Experience in General Maintenance, Breakdowns, Component Change Outs and Servicing of Heavy Earth Moving Equipment
- Strong Diagnostic Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
NOTE: When you apply for this job Mining HD Fitter – Field Service, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
How to apply
To enable us to process your application as quickly as possible simply click on the ‘apply button’ below.
Click Apply for HD FITTER – FIELD SERVICE