Underground Fitter – Cannington Mine Project
- Immediate Start
- Well Established and Stable Contract at South32’s Cannington Mine
- Full-time and Casual Project Positions Available
- Flexible and Lifestyle Friendly Even Time Rosters Available; 7/7 or 14/14
- Flights from Brisbane, Cairns or Townsville to/from Site
- Accommodation and Onsite Camp Facilities
- Salary Sacrifice Options
- Great Training, Experience and Rapid Career Progression Opportunities
About Redpath Australia
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
About the role
They are currently seeking applications from motivated Underground Fitters with proven experience with equipment associated with Underground Development, Shotcrete and Cablebolting Services to join on-site maintenance department.
The successful applicant will be responsible for;
- Performing scheduled maintenance on and providing technical support to a varied range of Underground Plant, including Sandvik Jumbos and Cablebolters, and Normet Spraymecs and Agis
- Working within a tight-knit workshop team to achieve high standards in preventative maintenance and machine reliability
- Carrying out fault finding and diagnostics in a timely manner to ensure Redpath’s ability to meet and exceed the client’s schedule
- Ensuring compliance with regulations, site requirements and safety reporting
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Trade Qualifications
- Proven experience working with underground mining equipment
- Current First Aid & CPR qualifications
- Ability to pass a police clearance and pre-employment medical
- Valid manual drivers license
- A safety approach in keeping with Redpath’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
Excellent remuneration for the successful candidate, based upon experience and performance, along with the opportunity to sink your teeth into a challenging role, get hands on experience and receive learning & development opportunities with experienced personnel.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experienced Underground Mining Fitter Cannington Mine jobs Cairns
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.