Underground Mining Field Service Technician
They are looking for dedicated and highly skilled Field Service Technician to support their Underground mining customers in Mudgee.
As a Field Service Technician you will play a pivotal role in the testing, repair, installation and commissioning of Ampcontrol manufactured equipment and systems on sites. This includes Longwall systems, Development Power systems, Conveyor signal line and communication systems, Gas monitoring equipment and HV electrical equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Onsite electrical auditing, testing, breakdown assistance, commissioning and installation the above mentioned systems
- Provide face to face support to clients
- Work individually and in small teams across a wide range of mine sites
YOU’LL NEED THESE TO SUCCEED
- A willingness to gets hands on in an electrical manufacturing and service environment will be essential
- Safety as a core value
- Experience with HV electrical equipment and systems specific to mining and utilities (including diagnosis and fault finding)
- Experience with Underground coal longwall systems (Ampcontrol controlled systems will be an advantage)
- Experience with IMAC and Gasguard systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of explosion protection techniques
- Understanding of AS3800,AS4871, AS2290 (desirable)
- Good report writing skills (essential)
- Task focused approach
- Ability to make a decision
- A commitment to providing exceptional client and customer service
- Comfortable with travel and being away from home
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Electrical trade qualifications
- Hazardous Area Competencies (desirable)
- HV Switching certificate (desirable)
NOTE: Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
Click Apply for Underground Mining Field Service Technician Mudgee NSW
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.