See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Electrician NSW
JTMEC is a national electrical contracting company committed to core values of zero harm, there people, quality, respect, and delivering on promises. With over 140 employees and branches in WA, NSW and QLD, they have the resources, equipment, safety record and experience to take on any electrical challenge the mining and construction industries face.
For this position the following is a must:
- Have a NSW electrical licence (or the ability to gain a NSW Licence)
- Hold a current driver’s licence
- Have mining experience, preferably underground
- Have a current Australian Police Clearance or the ability to get one
- Be willing to relocate to Parkes, NSW as this is a residential position
- Be willing to do shift work and work on various sites
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
They are currently seeking expressions of interest for a suitably qualified electrician to join the JTMEC team at out North Parkes operation, in Parkes NSW. This role will be residential, working 12 hour shifts on a 5:2 roster that is subject to change at times.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Servicing, maintenance, diagnosing and repair, and statutory testing of electrical equipment both on the surface and underground
- A wide range of project work
- Shutdown work
To be successful, you must have previous mining experience in a similar role. You will also need to hold the relevant trade certificate, a current driver’s licence, provide a police clearance and pass ongoing medicals and drug & alcohol tests. A HV switching qualification and ACMA open cabling license are desirable but not essential.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate:
- A commitment to a ZERO harm culture;
- An excellent understanding of electrical and mining standards;
- Be a self-starter who is reliable, honest and takes pride in your work; and
- The ability to work both as a member of a team, as well as independently
ABOUT THE REWARD
You will be rewarded with competitive hourly rates commensurate with experience, and you will be joining a professional company who firmly believe that the people are strength’. They are committed to the ongoing investment in your professional and personal development, and will offer practical and rewarding experiences which will keep your work day varied.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume and copies of the relevant licences and police clearance for immediate consideration.
- Mining: 1 year
- Electrical Licence
NOTE: When you apply for this job Underground Mining Electrician Maintenance, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
If you believe you would be well suited to the position please APPLY NOW by link below
Click Apply for Underground Mining Electrician Maintenance Installation NSW
Caterpillar Haul truck 777
The Caterpillar 777 is a 100-ton haul truck, typically used in open pit mining, manufactured by Caterpillar Inc. The first model of Caterpillar 777 was introduced in 1974. Its diesel engine is capable of putting out 870 horsepower. The 777D, introduced in 1996, was powered by a 938-horsepower diesel.
This truck is one of the entry-level haul trucks most new operators will learn on. Once competent, they will move up to the larger 785, especially when working on a coal mining site.