See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Underground Mining Drillers Offsider
Swick Mining Services is one of Australia’s largest mineral drilling contractors, providing high quality, high value, underground and surface drilling services globally. Swick is a market leader in the development of innovative rig designs and drilling practices that deliver improved productivity, value, safety and versatility. They are seeking Driller’s Offsiders to join the team and help continue their success.
Mobilising from Sydney, flying to Dubbo then driving to site. People living in regional NSW are encouraged to apply as well as those based in Sydney.
As a trainee offsider, you will support an experienced driller. Duties will include:
- Acting on the instructions from the drillers at all times
- Pulling rods: loading and unloading drill rods out of feed mechanism in the drill rig
- Performing pre-starts on all equipment including PPE
- Cleaning and loading the core
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screen
- Current Unrestricted Manual Drivers License – Essential
- Current Police Clearance or ability to obtain
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Physically fit & healthy
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
- Previous Off-sider experience – Desirable
- Previous FIFO experience – Desirable
In return, you will receive:
- Immediate start
- Full training in state of the art facilities located in Perth
- Work/life balance with a 2:1 roster
- Career pathways to become a qualified driller
- Employee benefits including discounted Private Health Insurance, Travel Discounts and Income Protection as part of the Swick Corporate Superannuation Scheme.
Hit ‘Apply Now’ or contact:
- email@example.com | 0424 696 953
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 0449 967 262