Underground Mining Drillers Offsider
Swick Mining Services is one of Australia’s largest mineral drilling contractors, providing high quality, high value, underground and surface drilling services globally. Swick is a market leader in the development of innovative rig designs and drilling practices that deliver improved productivity, value, safety and versatility. They are seeking Driller’s Offsiders to join the team and help continue their success.
Mobilising from Sydney, flying to Dubbo then driving to site. People living in regional NSW are encouraged to apply as well as those based in Sydney.
As a trainee offsider, you will support an experienced driller. Duties will include:
- Acting on the instructions from the drillers at all times
- Pulling rods: loading and unloading drill rods out of feed mechanism in the drill rig
- Performing pre-starts on all equipment including PPE
- Cleaning and loading the core
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screen
- Current Unrestricted Manual Drivers License – Essential
- Current Police Clearance or ability to obtain
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Physically fit & healthy
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
- Previous Off-sider experience – Desirable
- Previous FIFO experience – Desirable
In return, you will receive:
- Immediate start
- Full training in state of the art facilities located in Perth
- Work/life balance with a 2:1 roster
- Career pathways to become a qualified driller
- Employee benefits including discounted Private Health Insurance, Travel Discounts and Income Protection as part of the Swick Corporate Superannuation Scheme.
Hit ‘Apply Now’ or contact:
- email@example.com | 0424 696 953
- firstname.lastname@example.org | 0449 967 262
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.